Monday, October 19, 2009

My Muse Teases Me

I keep coming up with great ideas for plot or character issues of complications at the worst times.

The best ideas seem to come when I’m driving or on the phone or at times like tonight while I was out for a wonderful 6 mile run. By the time I finish with whatever I’m doing (get off the phone, find a place to pull off the road or get home and peel off my sweaty clothes), the idea seems to have evaporated. Now, I do keep a notebook with me for times when I can jot down any of the gems that pop into my mind under less-than-life-threatening circumstances, but it seems like the best ideas always come when I’m ill-prepared to record them.

Do they do that just to antagonize me? Grrr!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help my dragons hatch!

Adopt one today! Adopt one today!