Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Got a funny call from my Dad tonight

So I just got off the phone with my Dad. I had sent him the link to this site and the NaNoWriMo site so he could jump onboard if he wanted to. Actually, I kind of encouraged him to join; he’s been talking about a whole bunch of book ideas he’s had and how he’s going to write them “someday” so I told him this was his chance to write one now.

Well, tonight he called and said he done some math and figured out how many words he have to write every day to write 50,000 in a month and had decided there was no way he could do that. He said he couldn’t even read his own handwriting when he tried! I suggested that he type it into his computer but he said he types really slow. Personally, I think that’s okay. Even a hunt-and-pecker should be able to crank out 2,000 words in a few hours.

Anyway, he was thinking the idea was to write a real, finished product in one month. When I explained that this was just a very rough draft and that he could do whatever he wanted to with it after that, he started to rethink the idea. I think he might be on board now… I’m going to see if one of my other family members can help him set up his account at NaNoWriMo.org (Shelley - are you taking note??).

With less than 4 days to go I’m really getting anxious. Life is getting REALLY busy - but I’m okay with that. I’m more worried that I’m going to have a massive block when it comes time to start typing on November 1st.

Tomorrow is a jam-packed day at school but I’m still going to try to get a little outlining done so I have some scenes to work on in week I when I get stuck.

Happy 9th hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help my dragons hatch!

Adopt one today! Adopt one today!