Sunday, November 1, 2009

And We're Off!

Yep - started writing today. No outline, practically no characters - just a vague story in my head and the will to write 50,000 words this month. It's exhilarating!!

So here's the opening line:

Doug Morris was enjoying a relaxing Sunday evening at work, which is why he would be dead in exactly 18 minutes.

My fingers are flying as I'm approaching 2K words. I had WAY more work to do prepping for classes than I thought and I spent more than half the day finishing that before I started writing. I decided that 1) the schoolwork should be my priority since it's my job and I want to do it well and 2) that I'd be less distracted writing if I finished the school work first. I'm glad I did, but because of that I won't make the 6K words that I wanted to tonight. Well, at least I'll have something on the board for the first day and I can dream about the story tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help my dragons hatch!

Adopt one today! Adopt one today!